Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
Nice. I"m doing the Treo's for now (working on getting the Quatro) with a Basis TT set up into an Aesthetix Rhea and then a rebuilt Mac Mini server with a special power supply built by Empirical Audio into an Empirical Audio OSDE/SE Overdrive DAC into an Ayre AX5 Twenty all AQ cabling though out.

Very emotional speakers Richard makes. I just got sick of 'Hi fi' and wanted that emotional connection. I just wasn't getting that from any of the other speakers mentioned in this thread. That's just me though and I know I"m in the minority.
Here is my list... :-)
- AVID 110 (do you remember ? late 80's)
- ESB 7/09
- B&W 802 series 1
- Yamaha NS 2000
- B&W 802 series 3 matrix
- Proac EBS *the most time hold, 8 years*
- MBL 303S
- MBL 300D
- MBL 300E
- Spendor SP100R
- Sonus Faber Elipsa RED *actual*
...next ?

cheers, Max
Ok, I'll play too.

In my primary system, I started with Energy 2.1e bookshelves. Then I purchased my pair of Aerial Acoustic Model 7 which I still use today.

In secondary systems, I've had PSB T45, M&K S100B, M&K S85, Boston Acoustics A40, Polk Monitor 7b, PSB Imagine B, Boston Acoustics A400, and Maggie SMGa.

On my wish list would be something Vandy, Thiel and moving up in the Maggie line.
My first system was a hand-me-down Sears Console, which was huge, not sure what the speakers were, but that console got me evicted from a few apartments.
I moved to HK components...
DCM TF-700
NAD components...
Polk RTiA7
Yamaha Receivers...
Advent Large Walnut first series
NAD Sliverline...
DCM TF-1000
JBL 4311 wx-a
JBL 4344
all done :)
pagawan, I bet if you get to hear the Vandy vs those others you will fall in love. With Theil being owned by a new company, they seem to have changed sound. Personally, I felt Theils have always been a bit hot, but I can see what some folks like aspects of them. The Maggies are also a bit bright for me (my Vandy dealer sells both). I have heard some of the Maggies run with great gear and the sound was pretty good, but personally I've never been able to connect with them. Great big sound though. I just like balanced best I guess, but others hear and want other things. Great luck.