Performance of $1000 DAC's

I have been researching DAC's lately and as with most things in audio it leaves one with frustration.

Recent comments I have read have me questioning if DAC's in the $1000 range are thin soundinging.

Has anyone compared $1000 DAC's to much more expensive DAC's and/or CDP's? I'd be curious of your results.

DAC's I have been reading about have mostly been, the Benchmark, Bel Canto DAC3 and the PS Audio Dig Link DAC III, with and without mods.

Any input on your DAC experiences would be most appreciated, BUT I would really prefer that posts include what you compared the DAC to, even if it is the DAC within your CDP that you are bypassing. Also, listing associated equipment would be greatly appreciated.
brianmgrarcom

Showing 1 response by brianmgrarcom

Sorry Sugarbie, I don't follow your reply at all. As for not carrying what other people think, if we didn't want to solicit other peoples opinions there would be no reason for these forums.

My recent questioning/concern of $1000 DAC's sounding thin are based on comments within these forms, not print reviews.