Perfect Pop Songs

Those with the kind of music, lyrics, performance, arrangement and production that you could easily repeat all day.

How about starting with this one? Somewhat outside of her usual cannon and none the worse for it. Perhaps also a contender for the sexiest vocals ever?

Louie Louie  by Julie London
cd318
glupson6,836 posts01-17-2021 5:41pmPop Corn by Hot Butter! Pop it.

Hot Butter - Popcorn - YouTube

Great song. Almost a bookend set with Wipe Out .. but it has to be (for me), the Surfaris.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR5XjdLm4T4

Regarding Stayin' Alive, from the American Heart Association website...

Elowson recognized that Maimone was in cardiac arrest, pushed hard and fast on Maimone's chest, and hummed a familiar tune:

Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive. Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive.

Elowson had learned my technique from watching a demo on a morning news program. Why "Stayin' Alive"? We wanted to get the word out that pushing hard and fast on the center on the chest to the beat of the song the Bee Gees made famous in the 1970s classic movie "Saturday Night Fever" could give a victim of sudden cardiac arrest a fighting chance.

Helping people 'Stay Alive' is easy with Hands-Only™ CPR | American Heart Association
fmpnd,

I sheepishly admit that I had never heard Disco Duck before. Music may not be my ultimate pop song, but I truly admire the presentation.

Another puzzling bit of pop history is the video for ABBA’s Super Trouper song. It starts, and intermittently continues, with Silhouette and not Super Trouper itself. There is no Super Trouper in sight, I think. I really wish I knew the reason for it. It is, sort of, like Leave Your Hat On without the hat.