Perfect Pop Songs

Those with the kind of music, lyrics, performance, arrangement and production that you could easily repeat all day.

How about starting with this one? Somewhat outside of her usual cannon and none the worse for it. Perhaps also a contender for the sexiest vocals ever?

Louie Louie  by Julie London
cd318
emrofsemanon38 posts01-12-2021 10:58pm"don't touch me there" by The Tubes, perfect mix of stereophonic sound and "wall of sound" production technique.

And let's not forget "I touch myself" by the Diviynls

But I would go with "Joy to the World", by 3 Dog Night, followed closely by Staying Alive which was disco .. and pop, and you know everyone likes it even if they won't admit it :-) ... and probably almost anything by Shania Twain even if labelled country.

"...Staying Alive which was disco .. and pop, and you know everyone likes it even if they won’t admit it :-)"

I admit it. Proudly.

The only strange thing, or that may be deeply premeditated, is that falsetto of "you can tell by the way I use my walk, I’m a woman’s man, no time to talk". I do not know if Lee Marvin could sing it, but his voice may suit those lyrics better. (Lee Marvin I was born under a Wandering Star remastered - YouTube)
+1 on glupson’s admission and comment about the irony of the lyrics and the falsetto!  I’d love to hear Lee Marvin try it.

BTW, gluopson, I’m sure you know I was kidding about Disco Duck as the greatest pop song - but I laugh my a$@ off every time I hear that song on the 70s station on XM and can picture Rick Dees laughing his off on the way to the bank thinking about just what you can sell to people during a fad.