Perfect Path Tecnologies ‘The Gate’

Having been a music lover and audio enthusiast for more decades than I care to admit to I’ve had the privilege of owning some tremendous components over those years and thought I had attained a level of musical enjoyment that would be difficult to improve upon without spending more money than I could afford. Then along came The Gate to turn my audio conceptions on end. 

While I was quite skeptical of all of the positive proclamations regarding the Perfect Path mats, cards and contact enhancer ( how could they possibly bring about such sonic improvements?) I took the plunge and purchased a nano bundle to see what the hubbub was all about. Much to my surprise they not only brought about improvements to my systems’ ability to recreate a more musical sound but did so in spades. 

When Tim of Perfect Path Technologies asked if I wanted to try his new product, The Gate, I jumped at the chance thinking it would be a nice addition to what the other products provided. I wasn’t prepared for the quantum leap The Gate brought to my music listening pleasure. As much as the other products brought about a much lower noise floor, greater detail and delicacy, improved dynamics, richer tone and more realism The Gate does so in magnitudes difficult to describe. The best way I can describe its affect is unreal purity leading the most realistic musical sound I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing.....outside of a live performance obviously. It has me listening to all of my CD’s as if for the first time again.

I have no idea how The Gate actually works or what it does I just know it’s the most dramatic tweak to my system I’ve ever experienced and I wouldn’t think of being without it. As to how it’s implemented, it’s installed in the electrical panel with one lead connected to the common buss and the other to a breaker ( preferably 220). Hope I got the terminology correct.....I’m far from being an electrician!

At $4,999.00 it’s not cheap but worth every penny to me as I’ve spent more on components with less sonic improvement. 

Lastly, I realize some will scoff at something they can’t understand and I get not understanding it as I don’t, but I would hope people could keep their skepticism healthy and civil. I am not here to promote or sell, nor do I have any affiliation with PPT. I am only sharing something that I’ve found to be transforming in my system. Sorry for the lengthy introduction.
128x128mac48025
I started with a pair of emats and the improvements (along with joy) those sheets bought to the audio, I discussed with Tim and quickly ordered the Gate - always thinking at the back of the mind and feeling comfortable that I could always return if it didn’t meet my expectation. Honestly speaking spending that much dough on power conditioner and that too with vodoo (?) science (well, there is science, its just that we aren’t aware of it) is tough to digest, at least for me.

The Gate arrived, installed it as described and then what ? I was very much disappointed. After all these things are just hype and too good to be true ? I consulted with Tim (and few members here) and he assured that give it couple of weeks - so did I. The Gate has been installed for couple of weeks now and the result ? I will keep it short and simple - at this point I don’t think I can hear my audio without it. It has made an enormous impact to the system - music just flows in all directions without any barrier - that's the kinda effect it has on my system!

What a great innovative product!
The question now is where do I go from here ? Is it possible to further improve upon what the Gate does ? Will see...

Hi debjit_g: Now, install some of the AC outlet "Stop Its" into various unused outlets around your system and around the house. The more the better. Tim describes their action as "completing what the Gate does". They cost $10 each, and look like the inserts that are used to childproof electrical outlets. Their effect is, for lack of a better word "spooky".  The music really comes out of nowhere, with an even more organic and palpable presentation. I've had the Gate installed for a little over a month, so it's fully run in.I initially installed 5 around my audio system. Then, I added 12 more around the rest of the audio room and also the TV room. I'm now seeing more detail, less grain, and depth on my plasma TV. I've been told that some of my dealer's customers have had similar results without having the "Gate" installed. These things are a no brainer.
debjit_g ...

Your Gate will continue to improve as the weeks pass by. As you dig through your record/CD collection to pull out old favorites that you haven't heard for a while, you'll gain a new appreciation for them.

Read yobi's response above, as that is your next logical step. Be aware that there is another break-in period involved there as well. 

Frank
Been a while since I’ve posted here. I’m finally getting around to buying some omega mats/cards and was wondering if those of you who had High Fidelity mc 0.5’s in your system how many omega mats did it take to replace the mc 0.5’s. I have eleven mc 0.5’s currently and am a little shy about replacing them because they’ve been such a good addition. But I’ve gone thru two tubes of the TC on all my cables and equipment so I know the mats and cards will be just as good.

Also, do you have to message or call Tim to order the stop it’s? I don’t see them on the website yet. 
t_ramey  ...

I've never used the MC 0.5s, but there are those who have gained performance increases by removing them when using the PPT products. 

Call Tim for the Stop Its. While you're at it, talk to him about his experience with the MC 0.5s. 

Frank