Perfect Path Technologies: Omega E mat

I’m curious about this product from Perfect Path Technologies and would like to hear from those that have experience with it. I’ve bought and used the Total Contact enhancer and like what it does for my system so I’m interested in hearing how this Omega E mat performs. 
t_ramey

Showing 9 responses by mac48025

I must admit that I was quite skeptical regarding the Omega mats and cards. How could placing these innocuous looking products near our equipment possible do anything positive to the sound? Just didn't make sense to me. 

I purchased a nano pack and it arrived last Friday. Day one I was very positively impressed with a larger soundstage, blacker background and more air around each note. It created a very musical sound. The next day that effect was greatly diminished and I had almost given up on the mat and cards.....until this morning. Everything I heard on day 1 was not only restored, but restored in spades. I have no idea how these things work but my system has never sounded better. 

I have quite a few upgrades to my system ( Matrix IC's and PC's, new cd transport and major amp upgrades) coming up in the next few weeks that will add very positive benefits to my systems but I can't imagine them providing what these thin mats and cards have......but I'll be thrilled if they do.

I can understand how many will scoff at such experiences as mine, I've been there myself, but you're only doing yourself a disfavor by not giving them a try.

I haven't even mentioned or tried the TC.....yet.

Thanks to everyone here for sharing your results, without them I would have never given these amazing products a chance. 

Tom

While I think the AMD products have similar goals to achieve greater noise shielding and I don't mean to knock them but they don't come anywhere near as close to the level of the Perfect Path products.

I have quite a few of the AMD products that I purchased a couple of years ago and their effect is very negligible compared to that of the E-Mats and Omega cards.....and I haven't even heard the full of affect of them yet. The affect of the Perfect Path Technologies products is a clear and substantial improvement to sound quality. When I removed the AMD products ( six plug ins, two passive units and the wrap around the electrical service pipe I didn't notice any difference in sound and the overwhelming presence of the PPT products most likely caused that. I'm not about to remove the E-Mat and 8 Omega cards to how much the sound diminishes as I'm not willing to give up the benefits they've added to my system! Whatever Tim does to make his products so effective is very impressive and I look forward to adding more of his products to the mix. 
So yesterday was day 21 since installing my e-mat and 8 cards and was told I'd experience a noticeable upswing in sound improvement. On day 7 I did and I was excited to hear the same yesterday. The day came and passed uneventfully and I figured that was as good as it gets and I was fine with that. 

Well today my system exploded to life with vibrancy and dynamics. Pure music fills my listening room. It's so much more gripping and engaging. I don't understand what Tims products actually do but I now know what they accomplish. It's quite extraordinary. To think I waited months before giving these products a try because I thought all the praise lavished upon them here was over the top and too good to be true. Now I'm singing those same praises. I can understand how some will shake their heads in disbelief over such experiences as mine because until hearing myself I was too. Now I sit back smiling listening to my music in a whole new light and the only disbelief I have is can it get better?
Question for Krissy. To be clear you’re saying to add TC to the tip of the tube and then put a ring of silver 28 ga wire tightly around it? Nipple jewelry for my tubes, my wife might get jealous 😜
While I fully understand those that are skeptical, I myself was very much so, but the dismissive and crass responses of some that haven’t even tried the products and therefore have no basis for their negativism is interesting. Why is that it seems that those that have never tried a product are those that are the most passionately against them on so many threads here at Audiogon? Freud would have a field day with such psyche’s.

The products aren’t necessarily cheap but for anyone to suggest they aren’t worth their price are talking out of ignorance. On one hand they’ll say they have no idea what they are and on the other hand say they can’t cost more than a few dollars to make. Huh? We have no idea how much they cost to make and more importantly, how much research and development went into them. I know this much, I’ve paid much more on cables that I’m very happy with yet didn’t bring near the sonic improvement of the PPT bundle I purchased. 

To those of of us that are enjoying the benefits the PPT products have brought to our systems....cheers! To those that have tried them and felt they didn’t deliver....cheers for trying. To those with a healthy skepticism and haven’t tried them yet....I hope you do someday as I know from my own experience that my only regret is waiting as long as did before doing so. 
With taller speakers would I be better off with the E cards on top of the speakers or affixed to the back closer to the crossovers? Thanks
Thanks Krissy, I shall do so. I had a feeling being near the crossovers would be best. It will be a good excuse to get inside the speakers and paste the wiring, connections and caps within before blue tacking the cards to the crossovers. Results at 11 😀
I was a total skeptic as the PPT reviews here sounded too good to be true. Rather than bash a product I knew nothing about or had any experience with I decided to at least give them a try. Now I guess I’m a fanboy because all three products have provided definite sonic improvements in my system. 

Good question Frank, I remember Krissy offering Elizabeth some cards to try at no cost. Not willing to try them for free but more than willing to question the results of those who have tried them? Interesting.
Some of the worst logic ever. “I won’t try the product for free to learn if they work as described but I know this thread is totally fake as these positive claims can’t possibly be as good as stated”. Huh?

So those that have never tried the product know better than those of us that have and therefore our positive claims are fake? Why do such people even waste their time on this ‘fake’ thread? It’s sad and says more about their motives than those of us enjoying the benefits of Tim’s products.