Peachtree Decco 65

Need some advice here. I have an OK mid-fi system including Snell K.5 speakers powered by Sound Craftsman PCR-800 and an Adcom GTP-450. Also have a Velodyne Sub, for a little added bass. I have been looking to replace the Adcom, the weakest link, and also add a DAC. I run lossless files, but I really don't like using the airport express as my DAC. I am generally pretty content with the sound, but I feel I could benefit greatly from a decent DAC, and an upgrade to the pre-amp. I recently came across the Peachtree Decco 65, and it sounds like a very nice integrated solution. I'm wondering if replacing the Amp and Pre with this would be a step up or not. Another option would be to keep the Sound Craftsman, and add the Nova Pre. Thoughts?
nosarrra

Showing 1 response by abp689

I had the 450 for a week then took it back. I had originally listened to and compared a Krell, arcam(?), and adcom 750 but "cheaped-out" and got the 450.

It was not what I wanted. Anyway, got the adcom 750, and it made a great improvement. You might try and find one used for around $700 bucks. Well worth it.