peachtree amp vs. traditional amp

OK, I'm a newbie, so this is possibly a dumb question.  I am considering a 2 channel amp to listen to music (Tidal or spotify).  I am looking at a traditional looking black box amp by Yamaha or Marantz.  But I've also seen a very small amp by peachtree.  The peachtree seems to be about the same of watts as the others.  How would the sound compare?  It seems that the peachtree is so small, it would not have the same power.  Doesn't size/weight translate to some level of power?  Anyways, has anyone compared a peachtree to a traditional amp of the same power rating?  Please share thoughts.
dougmint
I own a Peachtree Nova 300 and it sounds great. I think it’s a much nicer looking piece than the typical "black box" gear. In addition to being very musical, it has a great DAC and headphone amp and the fact that it takes up less space was one of the deciding factors for me. Mine went into my computer room where I didn’t have space for the typical larger units.
I also have a Nova 300, and it is a great amp (especially when you consider the cost factor).  It doesn't sound sterile, it can really crank if you need it to, and has lots of bells and whistles if you need an integrated solution.  This said, I have moved it to my bedroom as I wanted to work on more of a tube sound in my listening room. Before I moved it to the bedroom, I had it fed via the USB-B with a Mac Mini that I had all my music in FLAC's on Audirvana Plus using volume bypass, and HTB as I was sharing my mains with the HT and my 2-channel listening.  My goal was to break the system into 2 separate systems that are co-located as I have added speakers and a DAC and preamp thus far.  Still deciding on the tube amp, so I haven't completed the new setup yet. 

For the money, the Nova amps are a pretty good deal IMO.  I realize I'm a bit fickle and make changes too quickly, but I won't get rid of the Nova as it'll work well in either my bedroom or garage setups.  It's worth keeping I'd say.
Warning: Another Peachtree endorsement.

I picked up a Nova500 in December.  Plugged it into a pair of Dynaudio Contour 60s and a streaming box and it’s been a simple answer for great music .  Can you get better?  You bet.  Will you need to spend a whole lot more money?  Probably yes.  

Id be interested in any comparisons or recommendations for high-current hungry speakers for one-box solutions for under $3k.

Peachtree Nova 150 onwer here, It has sounded great to me ever since I pulled it out of the box.

Great bang for the buck. Excellent DAC and preamp.

Try one from one of the vendors that offer 60 days to check it out,
My guess is you won't want to return it,

DS
So I guess I had a bit of the opposite experience to some here.  I have tried both the Peachtree Nova 300 and the Parasound HINT in my bedroom system (using Totem Acoustic Skys).  At lower listening levels, where most of my listening is done on that system, I preferred the HINT.  Regardless of the source (primarily a Bluesound Node 2 but also a Dual 505-2 with a Pickering XV15), it just seemed smoother and more dynamic to me at those levels.  It may be because the HINT is running in Class A under those conditions but I really don't have any way to confirm that might be the reason.  Your ears may vary of course.