peachtree amp vs. traditional amp

OK, I'm a newbie, so this is possibly a dumb question.  I am considering a 2 channel amp to listen to music (Tidal or spotify).  I am looking at a traditional looking black box amp by Yamaha or Marantz.  But I've also seen a very small amp by peachtree.  The peachtree seems to be about the same of watts as the others.  How would the sound compare?  It seems that the peachtree is so small, it would not have the same power.  Doesn't size/weight translate to some level of power?  Anyways, has anyone compared a peachtree to a traditional amp of the same power rating?  Please share thoughts.
dougmint
I recently changed my office system from KEF LS50 speakers + Parasound A23 amp + Benchmark DAC2 HGC to the following, KEF LS50 + Peachtree Nova 150.

The sound is clearer and better in my opinion over the prior combination. The Peachtree also has a preamp section that I think is better than the preamp section on the Benchmark. However, the DAC section of the Benchmark is better than that of the Peachtree. The Peachtree is also much better at lower volumes than the Parasound A23 amp. So over all, I am getting much more musical satisfaction with the Peachtree based system..

I am going to audition a $10K Luxman integrated amp at the end of the month and I am going to take the Peachtree with me just to see how it stacks up. That is how much I like the Peachtree, I expect the Luxman to be better but I am interested to see how much better.

I am upgrading my office system and moving the Peachtree to the bedroom. This system is a very long term keeper.
I was also wondering if the Peachtree would sound cold and sterile since I bought it used without an audition from A'Gon. I was pleasantly surprised that it did not sound that way. I have had some amps back in the day that did sound cold and sterile, this Peachtree is not in that category.
I have a traditional Odyssey Tempest preamp and Stratos amp setup in my living room. It sounds excellent also. I have had Devialet 400 class D that I grew to be unsatisfied with. I can only speak to the Peachtree Nova 300 driving Salk Song3 speakers with Transparent speaker cables in my bedroom. I am getting really satisfying sound from them. I am starting to realize that there are tons of great products out there that put in the right room can sound excellent. The room is as important as anything else. 

anyone knows who makes traditional amps and where to purchase these and what are these?
czarivey:  By traditional amp, I mean the black box amps, made by Dennon, Yamaha, Marantz, etc.  They all kind of look similar.  Usually priced $500 to $2000.  Can be found a Best Buy and Crutchfield.