PC recommendation for McIntosh 501's

Putting the "final" touches on my current system which resides in a listening room that has dedicated circuits and extensive acoustic treatment.

Apart from adding a power conditioner to the front-end, the obvious next step would be to consider upgrading the pc's feeding my 501's.

I'm not looking to alter overall tonal balance, just want to let the 501's shine. In other words I'm looking for something as transparent (neutral) as possible. Any suggestions?

Here's my set-up:

CDP - Mark Levinson 390s (VH Audio Airsine / Gold Oyaide)
Preamp - Mark Levinson 326s (Shunyata Python CX)
Amps - McIntosh 501's (stock pc)
Speakers - Focal Micro Utopia Be (Audience AU24 speaker cable)
Sub - Revel Ultima Sub30 (VH Audio Airsine / Rhodium Furutech)
IC's - Nordost Valkyrja throughout
aldog

Showing 2 responses by f1fanatic

My thoughts mirror those of Pops. However I would like to add a few. McIntosh recommends to use their stock pc's on their amps and sources and concentrate on dedicated 20 amp AC for the amps, preamp and respected sources. Also invest in room treatments. If cables are still an interest invest in some good interconnects and speaker cables. Other than the stock pc's, Cardas GR, Wireworld Silver Eclipse, Kimber PK10, Kimber PK10 Palladian might interest you.
Aldog,

I reread your post. Try the Kimber PK10 Palladian if you are looking for a neutral sound. Articulate bass, better dynamics, free of grain and a sense of ease are just some of the characteristics of the power cord.