PC on a PC

I've never heard anyone talk about this:
Upgrading the power cord on a computer.

I suppose I should have posted this under the PC Audio category, but thought maybe I'd get better response here.

I burn a lot of music CD's and I've noticed that changing the power cord makes a difference in sound quality. I suppose a computer would fall into the category of digital equipment. The stock power cord is 18AWG so it doesn't seem to use as much power as one would expect. Can anyone recommend a decent power cord for this purpose that doesn't break the bank? Are Sonic Horizons any good (can't find much opinion on these)? SignalCable? Or should I go the DIY route?
piano632

Showing 1 response by piano632

Yes, there is a difference in sound quality between burned discs. I only have 2 power cords to compare. The stock cable makes everything sound congested. The other cable I tried came with a piece of pro video equipment (though I wouldn't really call it a high-end cable since it still has molded plugs). It's a bit thicker, and the sound improves by spreading out the instruments in the recording to some degree and simply adding more details not heard before. So now I'm hooked and want a really good cable to try.