PayPal problems

I have an unusual situation going on right now with a seller I worked with last month for a speaker deal. I am in Ontario Canada, and the seller is in Alberta Canada. The logistic and amount of $$ (and his lack of feedback on CAM) were a major concern. I decided to send the $$ ($10,000.00) through PayPal, as they seem to offer insurance/protection to the buyer. The deal went as smooth as one could ever wish for. I received the speakers in the condition advertised, and the crate the seller made up was bulletproof. It has been over a month since the transaction took place and PayPal is not releasing the funds to him. I contacted them directly last weekend, on his behalf to let them know that I did receive the shipment, and all was good. I told them that there was no reason to hold his funds, as I was perfectly satisfied with the outcome. They replied with a lot of nonsense that was just going around in circles. When I got a supervisor on the line, it was no better, and she basically told me that she could no longer discuss the situation with me, and I was no longer involved with the process. It was now between them and the seller. I reached out to him today, to see if the funds were released, and no was the reply. Has anyone ever been in such a situation with PayPal, and if so, what was the outcome. I am at a loss as to how to help the seller out. I need him to be able to get paid the money I sent, and not be held hostage by PayPal. Any advice would be appreciated

128x128crazyeddy

I am told that this is his first transaction with PayPal. That's what he tells me anyway, and I have no reason to doubt him. That being said, perhaps there is more to this than I am being made aware of. All I know is that the deal went according to plan, and now he does not have access to the funds I sent him. I have been using PayPal for a number of years now, and this is the first glitch that I've encountered.

@bubba12 No, I would not even consider sending any more $$ I only want the seller to have what I sent him. I did speak to PayPal, and they did acknowledge that they did not release the funds, and that basically it was non of my business. They were actually quite rude,and curt.

Since this was his first transaction with PayPal and since it was a for a  considerable amount of money, my guess is PayPal is making sure this is legit and not some attempt at money laundering.