Paypal issue beware.

I sold a $1500 amp to someone here notified after delivery had physical damage to it looked like it was dropped. Anyhow contacted UPS to process a shipping claim. In the mean time he filed a pay pal case. Fine told him we would go through that process.  PayPal goes and gives him back his money with out tracking or evidence he sent it back! I call they said because he used some sort of mandated government payment they do not require any evidence that it was shipped back.  

What type of payment is this?

So the guy can order stuff put in a case saying it did not meet description and get money back with out returning a item? This makes no sense will never sell using pay pal again.   Just spent an hour on the phone with them.  Also I want to know what type of account this is seems like the best scam going order a whole bunch of crap say it didn't meet description and get money back and not have to return it.  I'm out $1500 paypal even charged me the fees for there great service and I don't have my product back! I don't understand how this is allowed. 

programmergeek
@tomcarr, thanks for the explanation. Czarivey's phrasing was a bit eccentric.
B
I've hated PayPal for years....   so easy for the buyer to cry foul.... no thanks, I'll buy and sell locally with cash.  Takes a little longer and maybe you don't get quite as much, but it saves the hassle of shipping and virtual currency.     The last time I sold a big ticket item they held my funds hostage for over three weeks even after I sent proof of delivery and positive feedback from buyer.    In addition they would not let me take all of the money out so I had to send it to my wife who had a verified account as a gift to get it quickly.   Some gift that was.....$2300 that I'll never see again....Thanks PayPal
Paypal is pure garbage have never or will i ever use it if you do good luck!!
I believe that if we bundle up problems and together hit PayPal, we can gather GOOD hit against PayPal. 
One thing I learned about PayPal is you can either bend it over or it will bend you over and there’s nothing in between. The more folks chip in — the better chance of delivering a good blow.
Gather, register, find counselor and go — get your dough back with possible vate!

I'm with @czarivey.  PayPal is not your pal.  For years I used eBay and PayPal to buy and sell, but as you found out @programmergeek,  your words generally fall on deaf ears.  Suffice it to say, I avoid using PP but for merchants/sellers, unfortunately its a necessary evil - even here on Audiogon.

Having said that, if a vendor sends me an invoice from PayPal allowing me to pay using a credit card, I will complete that transaction.   Using a credit card , you can pursue a Dispute/Claim with PayPal, or you can contact your credit card company and file a chargeback.  I'd opt for contacting my credit card issuer.

Unless PayPal has closed my account due to inactivity, I still have an account with them but I've removed all CC and bank information from my PayPal account profile.