Paypal Changes for 2022

If I understand this correctly, Paypal, along with all on-line payment sources like Venmo, etc. will now be sending out 1099 forms for all payments totaling $600 you receive in 2022 for goods or services.  The only way around this is to use Paypal friends and family for payment which eliminates any buyer protections.  Is everyone aware of this?

Ag insider logo xs@2xdave43

Showing 6 responses by jond

It kills me that the guys screaming about the deficit are the same guys who think they shouldn't pay taxes.

The IRS has lost 20% of it's staff in the last decade they already can't keep up with tax returns. Stop the hyperventilating over nothing more IRS staff will help the overall economy.

@grannyring I certainly respect your position. I don't sell much anymore but curious what alternative payments you would take that wouldn't generate a 1099? I assume most Paypal, Venmo, Zelle, would does that mean we're back to waiting for checks to clear. That's how we did it here back in the 90s. 😁

@audioelevations If you're buying/selling $200K in audio gear a year, hats off to you btw, I think you've jumped from hobbyist to being a small dealer. Good for you doing all cash transactions otherwise you would already be paying tax.

@dadork Stop the nonsense rants nothing that you're saying is anything but rhetoric devoid of fact. Try reading up on some real statistics regarding poverty sometime the truth minus any myths is pretty harsh,