Paul Weitzel from Tube Research Labs

We lost a great person and audio giant, my condolences and sympathy to him and his family.

Paul's friendship, knowledge and passion for music will most certainly remain with me forever.

128x128rx8man
Just awful to read this terrible news.  So sad to hear of this.  Paul was a friend and a great audio mind. 

I am happy to hear of Paul's being saved, and a brother in Christ. 

My deepest condolences to Paul's family, especially his brother Brian.  My heart also goes out to Paul's other dear friends in the audio world, some of whom I know in this thread.  May we all reflect on this moment and give thanks for the days in which God blesses us on this earth. 
It is shocking indeed. Thanks to Paul Stein for letting me know at Capital Audio Fest. My heart is sad.

My first serious audiophile system was anchored around TRL/CRL - source, amp, wires and speaker. I have a speaker hand built by him. It took him 18 months to do it and the results are stunning. No, it is not about frequency response or resolution but sounding "right".

We often talked about "life" or spirituality and shared common values. I learnt a lot about his secret "lower the noise floor" - but not in the way we measure things - THD, but the way we listen to music. Our ears are better judge.

We did a gig together - TRL 600 amps based on NCore 1200 modules and after many tweaks - he said, "it sound ok" ... he was years ahead of most people in the audio industry ... yes a lot of people have implemented and love those amps ... just because they have not heard the TRL Samsons. 

RIP Paul, you will be missed.

Your friend 
Sunil
I just discovered this thread.  I am imressed that many others had the same wonderful experience that I did!  I really miss him too.
i just loved the guy.  had him to the house multiple times; along with Brian.  Now, i own a set of the amps and one of them does not work...and i can't find anyone capable of fixing them .  does anyone know of an operating manual for them?  or someone that can fix them?  I am desperate.