PassLabs X250 X350 and X250.5

I own a PassLabs X250 amp and I am thinking about upgrading to the new X250.5 or the old X350. I have a pair of Spendor SP1/2e speakers,Classe Audio CP60 preamp, and a Meridian G08 CD player. I called PassLabs several times to ask them what they think I should buy. Everytime I called I got different answers. Yesterday someone at Pass told me the X250 sounds better then the X350 and very close to the sound of the X600. Another time they told me X350 sounds better then the X250. They told me another time that the X250 and X350 sound almost the same and if I did not need the extra power go with the X250. Should I just go with the new X250.5? I don't have a dealer near me to listen to the amps. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank You...
128x128ezaudio

Showing 2 responses by pardales

I await my 250.5 in a few days. I seriously considered the 350.5 but really did not need the extra watts as I used to run my speakers with 200 watts that was more than enough. Once I spend a little time with it I would be happy to reply to a direct email from anyone who is interested in my report. My old amp was a McIntosh MA 6900 integrated (which I liked and owned for 3 years).
I do not have a pre, per se. I have an Audio Aero Prima MK II SE DAC that doubles as a linestage. It has analog volume control and 2 line level inputs (in addition to the numerous digital inputs). I love it.

And by the way, I am blown away by the 250.5 driving my JR's so far. I still have a lot of break in to do with the amp and some new power cables, but this amp is incredible.