Pass XA30.5 vs. X150.5

How different are these two amps? I have read the website, but was wondering on your thoughts and opinions as to the differences in performance.
koestner

Showing 2 responses by jdoris

Hi again. Sorry, should have been clear: I have not yet purchased the XA30.5; it's likely I will as circumstances permit, but I'm still shopping. So I was reporting the advice of the manufacturer/vendor, not listening impressions.

Btw, my current amp is the Odyssey Stratos dual mono (180wpc) -- more comparable to the x150.5, I'd guess. Sounds good, but way more power than I need on the eps2s. But your room is bigger than mine, and your listening levels considerably higher.

J
Koestner: I'm currently using the eps2: little brother to your speaker, with the same rated sensitivity. I emailed with both Pass and Reno HiFi about this amp choice, and both strongly recommended the XA30.5. But my room has a considerably smaller footprint than yours, and I listen to mostly small scale music, mostly fairly quietly (65-75db, peaks south of 85). I expect both variables could affect your choice. But as others said, I'd contact Pass and Revo: helpful folks.

John