Pass XA100 or X350.5

Own a X350, thinking of opgrading to X350.5 or XA100.
Have someone heard the XA100´s?
Use Kharma 3.2F and Wadia 301 with Kharma cables.
line_romer43b4

Showing 2 responses by sigmund

I haven't heard the XA100, but I just upgraded to the 350.5 from the 350 and the difference isnt subtle. I didn't go to the XA100 because the speakers I have are 4 Ohm and I listen at pretty good volumes at times, therefore I was worried about power. I've just had my 350.5 for a couple of days, and it needs some burn in time. However upon 1st evaluation, I would say it is more detailied, dimensional yet softer sounding. It seemed like the insturments are better isolated in space. But the biggest difference is the bass, it is big and powerful! they also changed the cosmetics, the front panel is very cool looking. The 350.5 isn't just a token upgrade, it is the real deal and someone really did their homework on this one.
After more listening last night (stayed up toooo late), I would say that the top is sweeter and more well behaved. If you have speakers that are on the dark side I would definetly audition before I bought. In comparison to the 350, the 350.5 has a greater sense of inner detail, and tends to suck you int the recording. That is a good thing. The bass is so much more alive and life like. My speakers are -3 at 22hz and the 350.5 stretches them all the way.