Pass XA 160 vs. Lamm Hybrids m1.2- 2.2 amps

I am considering one of these amps to drive a pair of Eggleston Andra 2's . My system consists of a First Sound Pres Del. Mk. 2, Aesthetix Io MK. 2, Basis 2500, Graham 2.2, Koetsu cart. AA capitole mk. 2, KS Emotion cabling throughout. I'm looking for warm, lush mids ( Yes! Tube-like) to compliment the dynamics of my line and phono preamps, while driving the Andras with ample headroom, and fully fleshed out, dense images. I would very much appreciate hearing from anyone who may have any experience with either or even better, both amps. Thanks
fjn04

Showing 1 response by fjn04

Matrix, I did hear the M1.2 driving the Andras briefly and the combo sounded fully fleshed out and musical. Clearly, I have been on the tube side of the fence for (Ahh-ever), but certainly after hearing the M1.2 I believe I could finally be happy without an all tube amp. My last experience with a non- all tube amp was with the Accuphase A50V and it was short-lived , still preferring the CJ prem 8' s at that time over the accuphase, although the A50V did do a better job controlling the bass on the Verity Parsifal. Was there a reason you chose the Lamm 2.2 instead of the 1.2