Pass XA 100.5 vs Lamm M1.2

I like the sound of class A amps. Anyone know how they compare? No nearby dealers. I owned x350.5 and I am familiar with Lamm M2.2 sound.

To be used with 4ohm speaker of 87-90db.

Many thanks
128x128glai
"I owned x350.5 and I am familiar with Lamm M2.2 sound"

You owned one of these and are familiar with the sound of the other - WHY are you asking us for opinions? Wake up, dude.

-RW-
"You owned one of these and are familiar with the sound of the other - WHY are you asking us for opinions? Wake up, dude."

He owned the x350.5, not the XA 100.5. There could be some good sonic diffences between those two, so I don't see anything wrong with his feedback request.

Jov
Post removed 
rlwainwright--the XA series is pure class A. The 350.5 is not--they are 2 different animals. So I say you need to "wake up"--dude.

Pepe
Get the Lamm they have more cache and sound great. The Pass sound great too but you won't make as many people jealous.
Post removed 
I think in both cases you will prefer the Class A versions of each manufacturer's lineup. Which of the A/B amps you are familiar with do you prefer? I suspect you would also end up liking the same manufacturer's Class A design over the other. I also suspect that you will love whichever one them you choose - both among the best SS amps available. The Pass XA-30.5 is the best SS amp I have ever heard - but I don't need much current or watts for my speakers.
It's hard to go wrong with the Lamms. They have a sound only a Lamm can give.
These jokes are so bad that they are funny.

Thanks for resussitating the thread.
I just bought a pair of the XA100.5, replacing the XA160. My speakers are 87db with a 4-6ohm load like yours. I have never heard the Lamm products. The XA sounds better and more powerful than the XA160 as it doubles in power as impedence is halved. You can read my review of Pass Class A amps on Audiogon for more details/impressions. I have found that one cannot feed my Egglestons too much power and I'm sure they would benefit from more, but the 100.5s are the biggest Pass Class A amps that I can afford. They do sound glorious. I don't really care about the cache part.