Pass X250.5 Users

I currently have an X250 and I am thinking of moving to the .5. I've seen a few examples online of X250.5's that have the same fascia as the older X250. It appears the back / front plate is the same on both amps on the front fascia is interchangeable. I can buy a .5 series locally and strongly thinking about it. I'm assuming the earlier X250.5's had the older front as Pass probably had some inventory of the older and used them up first. The meter says X250.5, so I'm sure it is a .5 series. My question is, besides the front plate, did later .5 amps with the later front change internally, or no the circuit stayed consistent throughout the lifespan of this amp? I personally prefer the earlier front so that doesn't bother me and I'm thinking the earlier X250.5 's goes for a little less money as well. Thanks much.
adg101

Showing 2 responses by scar972

The best answer would be from Pass Labs themselves, they were very helpful every time I contacted them.
I had a Pass X250.5 a few years back and it is a magnificent amp.

I liked everything about the X250.5, it was musical and drove my Magico effortlessly. I got rid of it because I was out of the hobby for a few years and needed to get rid of some equipment, I seriously thought about an X350.5 a few months ago before I decided to go with the D'Agostino.