Pass x250.5 or Bryston 14Bsst² ?

Does anyone have experience with both the Pass x.5 series and the Bryston sst² series? If so, which would you recommend? I think I've narrowed my choices down to these 2 amps, though I can't decide between the two. I have heard both, but not for a long enough audition to really make a decision.

Speakers are Von Schweikert Unifield 3
skootb
I would suggest that you find a way to do more listening to both of them before you buy one. Those amps sound completely different from each other. Other than that, you could just buy both of them and sell the one you don't like.
Both very good amps and, at this point, it should be nothing more than your personal preference.
there's a value factor that would be more stable to pass amplifier vs. bryston. if you can get x250 at descent price point it will hold substantially better value than ssr2 amps that had been introduced much later. x250/350 amps had realistically future and unique symmetrical technology and purchasing them now you won't loose a dime if you decide to sell them later.
I've had Bryston 4BSST2 and now own Pass XA30.5. Pass is at another level in terms of sonic quality. 4BSST2 may drive difficult load better but I use 91db 8ohm speakers, so I would not know.
Yeah, kind of a tough call. The 14Bsst2 is one of Bryston's best and the Pass Labs is superb all the way around. It's ultimately your choice.
Pass labs is a lot better in soundrealism. But also has a wide an deep stage. Bryston does all these parts at a much lower level. Bryston has often a lot of control. But in the world of Highend it is not good enough.
These days I teach people the difference between 2 and 3 dimensional sound. There are still many people who are not aware of it. For many people it is new. But when they are aware of it, they all prefer depth and a 3d image. I never met a person who prefers a 2-dimensional sound.