Pass X150 vs. X250

Has anyone compared the two? Is it wrong to assume the X250 is better, assuming the X150 is powerful enough for the speakers? I know some believe that when the watts go down the listening enjoyment goes up.
brianmgrarcom

Showing 1 response by bamafan

The XA200 is $28,000 while the XA-160's are $18,000. They are not meant to be replacements for the X-Series but a compliment to the line. One weakness of the Aleph series was their inability to drive low impedance speakers. That trait is also inherent in the XA series. They are not the best match for speakers such as Soundlabs or Maggies, which have wicked impedance curves. I went with X-600's to drive my Wilson Watt/Puppy 5.1's, which also has a tricky impedance curve. The Wilson's crave power and the 600's do deliver it. I moved from Aleph 1.2's, which despite their 200 watts of Class "A" power, never seemed to control the Wilson's. I have discussed the issue with Pass several times and they recommend that I stick with the 600's as long as I am using the Wilson's. Both amps are excellent products and both lines continue to sell well.