Pass X-series preamp with Adcom GFA-5802 amp?

Hello all,
I am still working on a list of relatively budget components for a secondary system.
I recently bought a Pass Labs X-2.5 preamp.
I would now like to find a budget power amp that would match up well with it sonically, and at least have some natural synergy with it.
I really cannot afford any of the Pass Labs power amps.
The top Adcom amps interest me because Nelson Pass helped in their circuit lay-outs.
I love the sound of Mr. Pass's circuit designs!
I do realize that the Adcom amps are probably a big step-down from the Pass Lab amps, sonically and build-wise, but I do not want to spend alot of money on an amp right now.
I have never heard the Adcom GFA-5802 power amp, but I am interested in it because it can be bought used very cheaply, and because its circuit lay-outs were also designed by Nelson Pass.
I would imagine, therefore, that their should at least a LITTLE synergy in their sound?
I want a smooth sound that is still dynamic, detailed, and open, but without harshness or brightness.
Has anyone out there ever heard a Pass X-series preamp mated with an Adcom GFA-5802 power amp?
If so, how well do they match up together?
And, please describe the sonic qualities when they are combined together.
I would also imagine that the Adcom GFA-5802 would sound more open and detailed, especially at the frequency extremes, more dynamic, and have better imaging with the Pass X-2.5 than it would with the Adcom GFP-750 preamp.
Any comments on this?
Thanks everyone!
audio_girl

Showing 1 response by mjcmt

You can pick up the Pass Labs Aleph 30 poweramp for $900 used.
Only 2 gain stages and sweet sound.