Pass X-350 with Acoustat 2 + 2

Hi,

Does anyone out here have handson experience with a Pass X-350 amp combined with a Acoustat 2 + 2 or 1 + 1 or a Apogee Duetta?

Thanks in advance
brian_eno

Showing 4 responses by andr

Yep, my good buddy did it last september. Sorry I didn't see your post previously !

He had Krell and Audio research monoblocks with the Acoustas before and the Pass x-350 is the best match he had up until now. Bass response and soundstage are much deeper with silences much darker. At low level, the performance is a premium one. Probably due to the first 100 watts of class A power.
Don't know, not my amp. I can only assess it outperforms ARC classic 150 monoblocks by a lot in the deep bass and soundstage side. Acoustats are heavy drinkers of power and the Pass is a very high current amp, class A must have a part in this !
Checked it out with my friend. As per the unit's manual, the first 75 watts are class A. Therefore my comment remains the same except it is 75 watts instead of 100.
So it will be another "unsolved mystery". My friend drives his 2+2 with ease on his X-350. But yes, the needle meter was also in the right corner on the day he first plugged it. It came back to full center a couple of days after. Full caps !!??

2+2 are not that tough on an amp. They have been tested by a former dealer at 1,97 ohm. Mine drive quite well with a Conrad Johnson 2500A at medium levels and the amp doesn't even get very warm. Never tried at full, don't need to !It's rated at 240 watts. So, it doesn't make any sense that a X-250 can't do the job on 2+2 s. Were the caps full with a couple of days charging before playing it ? Apogee is another story though.