Pass X-250 with REL sub

Hi all,
I have been advised that because of the design of the Pass Labs, I can only use the REL sub running from low level outputs. Something to do with the speaker terminals on the Pass not being or being a floating ground. Shame as I have no spare pre-outs.
Probably the least of my worries as the Pass has been plagued with problems from day one and my patience is at an end.
Does anyone have experience of running a Pass /REL combo from the high level outputs??
Do anyone have experience of grounding problems with the Pass which causes a PA system like buzzing thru the speakers.
It's not a grounding loop but a problem with the amp itself as I have been trying to tell Pass for six months.
Thanks Simon
simon74

Showing 1 response by drubin

A few years ago, I had a Pass X150 and bought a REL sub. I could not get the REL to work properly and could not get a good explanation from either Pass or from Sumiko, the US disctributor of REL. I returned the REL. I still do not know what the problem is with this pairing. Never had any hum problems with the Pass however.