Pass X-250 with REL sub

Hi all,
I have been advised that because of the design of the Pass Labs, I can only use the REL sub running from low level outputs. Something to do with the speaker terminals on the Pass not being or being a floating ground. Shame as I have no spare pre-outs.
Probably the least of my worries as the Pass has been plagued with problems from day one and my patience is at an end.
Does anyone have experience of running a Pass /REL combo from the high level outputs??
Do anyone have experience of grounding problems with the Pass which causes a PA system like buzzing thru the speakers.
It's not a grounding loop but a problem with the amp itself as I have been trying to tell Pass for six months.
Thanks Simon
simon74

Showing 1 response by danlib1

Simon- you wrote-

"Probably the least of my worries as the Pass has been plagued with problems from day one and my patience is at an end".

I own the X-250 and a X2.5 Preamp, and have dealt with the Pass folks. I found them to be extremely customer focused and pleasant people, including Nelson himself.

If you feel in any way that your Pass X-250 is less than it should be, I recommend calling Peter or Nelson @ Pass Labs. I think they're great guys and will go the extra mile to help you.

Good Luck.