Pass Labs XA30.8

All, 

Do you think Pass Labs XA30.8 has enough power to drive 86 dBL Dynaudio focus 380 speaker well? My room size is 23'x18'x8' and I sit about 8' away from the speakers. Usual loudness is about 50 to 67 dBL when measured with noise meter app using my phone.

Also, what sonic improvement will I hear going from Bryston 4B Cube to XA30.8? 

Thanks.  
128x128panerai557

Showing 5 responses by panerai557

Thanks Dpac996. Your response is certainly is encouraging and i am almost ready to pull the trigger. 
audiotroy2,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have considered tube, and I owned lower end hybrid tube integrated amplifier previously. With my listening lifestyle, I think SS suits better. This is why I am considering the Pass amp because I read that it sounds very much like tube but without losing lower end power and details.
I have speaker spike feets from Herbie. They made noticeable improvement over the stock penny feets. I suppose Isoacoustics feets are better... but more money too.

I use an Ikea TV furniture for now, why would amp blocks make any difference, does seismic vibration affect electronics? Can I use something like this instead?

https://butcherblockacoustics.com/collections/rigidrack%E2%84%A2-audio-furniture/products/rigidrack%E2%84%A2-3-shelf-rack-1-thick-maple-shelves-1-walnut-legs
Elizabeth, that's an interesting point you mentioned about AC receptacles. My dealer has been telling me that I should replace my $1 receptacles with Audioquest Edison. Perhaps I should change that first and see what differences it makes to my system before changing my current amp.

About my setup: I use AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner. From the wall AC to Niagara, I use AQ Thunder PC. My digital front end / preamp is Moon 390. I use Zu Event I PC for the 390 and 4B Cube. XLR IC is Siltect 550i. My speaker cable is AQ Rocket 88. My room is treated with 10 HFTs.

I honestly am happy with my current setup, but the improvement I am looking for is more holographic sound, stable imaging, depth, and tonal accuracy. I am not even sure if changing the amp will give me that or not, but by reading reviews on the Pass amp, I get the sense that it exhibits those sonic characters that I am looking for better than the Bryston amp. 

@audiotroy, 

Is Audio magic mini reference 2 conditioner much better than Audioquest Niagara 1000? I was also considering PS Audio P12 power generator? Which would be most effective to create that 3D effect? 

Thx!