Pass Labs Xa160.5

I found a pair of xa160.5 for 12860 dollars, they are from 2006. Do you guys think it's a good deal?
henrikmink
Post removed 
Mark@Reno Hi-Fi has this:Pass Labs XA-160.5 pair of class-A monos, Used, very excellent condition, one owner, one year transferable factory warranty, all factory accessories, new factory double-boxing, about seven years old, Satisfaction Guaranteed, S/N 22599,60. $13,500 and shipping should be free
Make sure you listen to some .8 amps before you commit to any in the .5 range. To my ears the .8 are a big big improvement.
Either way, go with Mark at Reno Hi-Fi.  His customer service is the best I have ever experienced, his prices are competitive, and Pass Labs makes terrific products-- across the board.
Mark@Reno Hi-Fi has this:Pass Labs XA-160.5 pair of class-A monos, Used, very excellent condition, one owner, one year transferable factory warranty, all factory accessories, new factory double-boxing, about seven years old, Satisfaction Guaranteed, S/N 22599,60. $13,500 and shipping should be free

That still seems quite high! Perhaps Mark has changed his policies since the .5 series has become harder for him to find.
Yes, he is great to deal with, and shipping is free, but 18 months ago, when .5 series were plentiful with Mark, he sold me a mint used pair of XA-100.5's for less than half that price you quote on the XA-160.5's.

Perhaps a simple supply and demand price increase. As the supply of .5's dries up, the price demand goes up.

Make sure you listen to some .8 amps before you commit to any in the .5 range. To my ears the .8 are a big big improvement.

Many do prefer the .8 series, but many also prefer the .5 series, hence the reason for the .5 sereies scarcity on the used market.
To me they are different, which is better would depend on your personal tastes.
The .8 series tend to be more resolving and transparent, while the .5 series tend to be more full and musical sounding. Choose your flavor.