pass labs xa100.5 or pilinius sa 103

Hi there. I am about to say yes to a dealer who introduced the pass labs xa100.5
to replace my plinius sa 103 to drive my dynaudio confidence 4 with ear 868 w phono preamp and michell orbe sme v arm / ortofon a90 cart , shunyata v ray w kimber palladian power 20 amp power chord and au24e IC & speaker wire.

Anyone who has suggestions / experience to share is very highly appreciated.

Thanks.
sgm

Showing 2 responses by thesoundhouse

That is tough, both have great sound and are built very well. You should see if you can try both before you buy. If all equal and you live in the US I would buy the Pass Labs service maybe a little easier. I have a Pass Labs X350.5 and my friend has a very similar sized Pilinius and both are excellent sounding amps and strange enough they both have a very similar sound signature.
Spectron? One of my friends has $3900 Spectron and it is very powerful and sound decent but it ain't no high quality class A or AB amp and it for sure does not sound as good as my Pass Labs x350.5. It sounds impressive at first but when go back to the x350.5 you then understand what was missing on the Spectron.