Pass labs X600

Hello

I would like to know, what amp from another manufacturer is comparable to the Quality and potencial of the Pass X600 regardles of price. What amp can be consider to be as good as the X600. I'm in the market for a pair of monoblocks, but seems that I won't be able to find any X600 any time soon, so I need another options? Also what make Pass labs X600 so heavy? is it worth the weight?Any help will be apreciated before I make a decision.

Armando
armandito

Showing 2 responses by vvrinc

Armandito,

Regarding your original questions:

I own the X-600. It is extraordinary. I have the Pass X-1 at the moment (seriously considering the X0.2) and this combo, for the music I listen to (classical, jazz), makes me feel like “I am there.”

You can listen to the “Rite of Spring” at concert-level volume and the amps don't even go near to switching out of class A or getting harsh. A chamber group has all the delicacy and intimate qualities appropriate for the music.

I have no idea why they weigh so much and really don't care, when I get sound of such realism and beauty. This level of performance combined with the fact that the Pass company is just a call away—they answer the phone and are extremely polite— have made and kept me a Pass customer. By the way, I have never needed service on any of their equipment and also am fortunate to own their XONO.

By all means, consider all your options but the X-600 should be one of them. They are the last amp for me.
I do hope “times are a-changing.” Although, at my age, I pray for “a little bit more time” whether changed or unchanged.

It's been my experience that great products stand the test of time. (Kind-a like this “vinyl thing” huh?) Whether Pass Labs takes a new direction for commercial or financial reasons is really no concern to me. The products they have produced–from the Aleph products to the newer X-line—are remarkable. For me, they have the sound I like.

Best regards,
Santiago