Pass labs X600

Hello

I would like to know, what amp from another manufacturer is comparable to the Quality and potencial of the Pass X600 regardles of price. What amp can be consider to be as good as the X600. I'm in the market for a pair of monoblocks, but seems that I won't be able to find any X600 any time soon, so I need another options? Also what make Pass labs X600 so heavy? is it worth the weight?Any help will be apreciated before I make a decision.

Armando
armandito

Showing 6 responses by guidocorona

Armando, Perhaps it is in fact true that things are achangin'. Even Nelson Pass may be agreeing with all concerned: Pass labs is in the process of redesigning its entire X series, to be now called the X.5. An X600.5 should arrive hopefully in the first part of next year. Do not abandon the idea of X600 yet. But you may want to wait and have a listen to the X600.5 before you make any final decisions. I know I will.
Thank you for the pointer LiGuy. I will visit Diyaudio.com as suggested. In the meantime, have you had an opportunity to compare the sound of X with X.5 series boxes yourself already?
Armandido, the X350.5 is now already shipping. the Pass engineering team is now concentrating on X600.5. I have spoken to Pass Labs in the last 10 days. The X600.5 should start making music by mid December. It is likely that the new monoblocks will be shown at the Vegas show in January.
By the way, if you want to know more about the new series, I have started a thread to discuss differences between X series and X.5 series.
Armandido, you will find the thread on X series vs X.5 series at the following URL:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1100367851&read&keyw&zzpass+labs
See you there!
The Pass Labs site has been updated with full info on the new X.5 amplifier series, including a page on the new X600.5. Shipment of X600.5 should start sometimes during the 1st quarter 2005. The page on X600.5 includes information on details of electrical design changes.
I have just posted a brief update on the development of the upcoming Pass X600.5. Please see:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1100367851&openmine&zzGuidocorona&4&5#Guidocorona