Pass labs X350.5 jumpers and Power cables

I just picked up a Pass labs X350.5. Aside from an annoying ground loop I left left to figure out it sounds very nice.

The Pass Labs web site appears to be down. I've tried all morning to ask this question.

I want to try some single ended cables I have but read somewhere that I would need jumpers of some sort, I'm assuming, on the input side of the balanced connections. Was this amp supposed to come with jumpers?

This was a buy gone miserable. The was supposed to be nearly new, not even broken in. Upon receiving this amp I noted a lot of scuff marks, a few scratches and considerable dirt and dust. Not exactly an 9/10! I digress.

I noted substantial differences rotating power cables. Is there a general rule of power cable when it comes to this amp?

Thanks!
128x128desalvo55

Showing 1 response by gundam91

You can make those jumper pins yourself. Just grab some solid-core copper cables and cut a piece, strip any outer jacket, and bend it into an "U" shape. When my house was under remodel, I found tons of 12 gauge ground wires that my contractor was throwing away, so I just pick them up to be used for situations like this.

Pass amps have one of the best bass control, or I should say most realistic bass rendition, I've heard.

I am using a BMI Orca II Limited Ed. powercord. My buddy also uses one of the Shunyata snakes on his with a pair of Dynaudio C4s. It took him a long time to get the bass dialed in. But they sound incredible right now.

FrankC