Pass labs x260.8 versus xa160.8

I own and enjoy x260.8 but was curious whether xa160.8 would be upgrade but have noticed many listings for xa160.8 and rarely for 260.8.  More people buy the xa160.8 or more happy buyers of 260.8?
128x128karmapolice
Yes maybe means nothing but seems that xa160.8 is not an amp keep for long-term [five or more years] and trying to figure out why 
Karmapolice,

I echo you inquiry! I have noticed far more Xa160.8 listed rather than the X260.8. Even historic sales/listings of X260.8 are extremely rare. I am in the market and considering both of these amps in addition to one of the Luxman integrateds. 

From my research, the X260.8 is stellar and a step above the venerable X250.8. I do not have a local dealer so an audition would be quite a challenge for me. 
What we don't know, and what Pass is unlikely to share with anyone, is just how many of each model has been sold in the marketplace. How many units are sold new often dictates how many are available on the used market more than buyers being satisfied or not.   

Also note that the Xa160.8 is a pure class A amp while the X260.8 is an AB unit. It could well be that, if one buys fully into the Pass philosphy, that a class A unit is the greater preference of buyers.   

So, there is a lot we don't know which means that our speculations are little more than naval gazing.
well sure not important to speculate about number of xa160.8 listings but can anyone chime in as to why they sold there 160.8 and what they are enjoying nowadays.

the xa160.8 cost a lot more than the 260.8 so my curiosity will not get me to buy it (used) unless I get a sense its easily worth the effort
Your original posted centered about the question of why there were so many more used listings of one model versus the other.  

The thing to keep in mind is that while one person's individual experience will tell you about their personal experience (which can be informative on its own), it indicates very little one way or the other about the overall pattern of why there are more used models for sale of one model versus the other.  Pass could provide some insight on the issue, but that's unlikely as those type of sales figures are often considered confidential business info by the company, especially by businesses that are privately held.  That was my only point. 
I have noticed that the XA amps (full Class A) have a thicker and softer sound that the "X" amps.  That's not to say that the X amps are thin (they are not thin sounding at all), but the XA does have a very slightly different sound.  XA being more tonally rich, but in a way more colored as well.  Full Class A is harder to do because of demanding power supply requirements.  That's why they usually aren't high power (160 watts is an extremely high amount of Class A power).
Heat is probably the biggest issue with these amps. If you have a sealed room, it can get very warm in there. Cost of running Class A, compared to A/AB is is more expensive as well. Bass will be a bit tighter with Pass Labs Class A/AB amps. The number of XA160.8 listings isn’t really that high, many of them are multiples from the same person.
You should check out the number of Sold listings for Luxman M900u if you want to see a high number. A lot of these amps are resold within the first year of purchase - probably one of the biggest buyer remorse purchases I’ve noticed (if they’re selling them that quickly). Weak bass, and bright highs when pushed by any speaker that requires a good amount of power - good midrange though.
The price of the X260.8 is at the higher end of mere mortal pricing.  Mere mortals tend to keep their equipment longer.  The XA160.8 is at the next level pricing, and those who can afford a XA160.8 tend to turn over their equipment more often because they can afford to do so.