Pass Labs X250 with merlin VSM-mm/system overhaul?

Hello,
This is my first post on this board. I own a pair of Merlin VSM-mm's with Super Bam - current CD player is a Sony SCD-555es and amplification is bryston B-60 with occasional berning EA-230 and Bedini 25-25 amplification. I understand that this is not the perfect situation - solid state preamp section on my bryston running the berning or bedini.
I guess I need an overhaul of my system - looking to run a new preamp - ditch the bryston bedini and berning and get a new amplifier. I don't believe that the super high end esoteric stuff is my game - so I don't want to spend more than 2000 for a preamp and similarly on an amp(used). Oh - and I NEED a remote for the pre - not having a remote for the bryston has driven me nuts. tube preamp and ss amp - that's what I'm thinking. Not really interested in an integrated - actually not at ALL.
Best Regards,
Brian
77cooper

Showing 2 responses by 77cooper

yep - I think I might need to go for a joule preamp - 100mkII or III but I NEED a the remote option. I need to review the info on the Dodd pre as well. Amplifier is wide open at this point - maybe I'll just do the pre first and then see if the Bedidni is to my liking - to be honest the Berning doesn't have much grunt but the midrange is great - maybe monoblock bernings...
Best Regards,
Brian
Oh - and the BEL 1001 - I almost pulled the trigger on one of those but I wasn't sure of the model 1001 as they appear to relatively different between MK#'s. Anyway - lets say that I will probably get a joule 100 mkII or III - the 150's are still too expensive.
Looking for that liquid midrange smooth top end with controlled and tuneful bass. I'm not asking too much,right?
I am NOT there with my current setup.