Pass Labs X250 vs Bryston 4BSST vs CJ MF2500A?

I need a more powerful amp for my B&W M802 SIII's. Right now I'm using a CJ MF2250 rated at 125 wpc. It's a sweet little amp, but not enough for these notoriously power hungry speakers. My listening room is only 12' X 16'. Originally, I set a "50 lb. limit" for a new amp, due mainly to my aging back, & the fact that my previous ARC VT100 MKII seemed so heavy at 65 lbs. This was only one reason that I have the Bryston 4B-SST, Bryston 7B-ST (44 lbs. per mono), & the CJ MF2500A on my "short list".

Lately tho I've been considering the Pass Labs X250. It weighs about 100 lbs., & is considerably more $$ than the others on my list. But I'm getting kind of seduced by the looks, & by what I've read about both the amp, & the customer service of Pass Labs. Is the Pass "better" sonically than the other amps I've mentioned? Or is a lot of the price difference due to the beautiful workmanship & relative exclusivity?

My other equipment: B&W M802SIII's, CJ PFR pre-amp, Cary 303-200 CDP, Fanfare tuner, Rega P25/Benz Glider (yes I also need to purchase a phono stage).

I plan to buy anything I get used. The Pass used is almost twice the cost of my other choices, but I could budget that much. Thanks in advance for any advice!
steveaudio

Showing 1 response by brianmgrarcom

Why not consider the Pass X150 as that may be more in line with the others in your price range?