PASS LABS X150.8 AMP to McIntosh MC462?

I just got a brand new Pass Labs X150.8 amp a week ago and am loving it. The sound is wonderful, as are the looks. I'm running my Bricasti M1 DAC directly to it, and love the sound. The problem is the heat! The amp is in a smallish room, without great ventilation, and so it actually starts to heat the room, which is making me think about a cooler amp.

Out of the blue, I was presented with an amazing deal on a virtually new McIntosh MC462 amp (the new model), which I've never heard, but is supposed to run very cool. I did happen to hear an all-McIntosh system with 611 mono blocks, a preamp and CD player when I auditioned B&W 803D3 speakers, and I was extremely disappointed. I loved the speakers, but the sound being put through them seemed veiled, at least compared to what I"m used to. 

My question, after that long-winded intro, is if anyone's heard the new MC462 with a high-end digital source, like my Bricasti, and how it might compare with the Pass amp, and whether it's even worth considering. I'm wondering if my problem with the Mac system I did hear was perhaps the CD player or preamp (both Mac) that were being used, rather than the amps. If anyone can decipher what I'm asking, your thoughts would be much appreciated!
liszt458

Showing 1 response by stringreen

I wouldn't make the move if it were me.  You even say you love the Pass...  Deal with the heat if you must.  You must have a VERY small listening space..   Wait for the winter to listen?