Pass Labs:What to expect fm XA60.5 to XA100.5

Hi Guys,

Some of you may know that I have some buzz/hum issue in one of newly received XA60.5 mono blocks. The dealer diagnosed the problem and determined the transformer needs replacing. Since the XA60.5 is only few days old so I am given the chance to get a replacement set or I could top up the price difference to get the X350.5 or XA100.5s when my dealer gets their stocks in the next 3-4 weeks time.

Kudos to Pass Labs and the dealer's service for all the patience and after sales services...certainly very much appreciated and glad I go for Pass Labs.

As such, I have 3-4 weeks to listen to the current XA60.5 in my system while waiting for the stocks to arrive and make the final decision on the swap/upgrade.
elmerpoh

Showing 1 response by kenl

This is a little off topic, but I too am currently listening to a Class D integrated, a Jeff Rowland Concerto. It runs very cool and sounds very good to my ears. However I'm waiting on the arrival of my Maggie 1.7's and while the Rowland will certainly supply the muscle needed to drive the Maggie's, I've read how wonderful the Pass XA amps sound with them.

My room & listening preferences match yours. I'm wondering if your Pass XA 60.5's throw off a large amount of heat in your relatively small room? I live in Texas with VERY hot summers, but have a room with good air conditioning.

Good luck on you ultimate decision. From everything I've read about the Pass amps, I think a pair of XA 100.5's would be the way to go.