Pass Labs int 60 vs. Luxman 590 uX ii

Any opinions when matched with Focal 1038 be? An Aesthetx Mima just became available and looks pretty good...All 3 in the same price range...Any experience with these 3 and the Focal?
larseand
For some one who loves Pass, you just did Pass a huge disservice.

No modern amp company I know of has innovated along the lines of amplifier circuits more than Pass.  Attempting to reduce a Luxman vs. Pass to Bipolar vs. MOSFET trope is something no one should do.

Pass very much has a unique sound which has attracted many (not me) and it's nothing to do with how MOSFETs sound.

The Pass sound is unique by design, and it's not just the choice of devices used.
For some one who loves Pass, you just did Pass a huge disservice.
Really!!
No, you just been caught out not knowing what constitutes low output impedance (good damping factor) in an amp and were pulled up on it, that why your backs ups, everyone knows your a Lux pusher.

I actually don’t like the Mosfet sound, when Pass built Threshold bi-polar amps, I much prefer the good ones of those.
I actually own and use the pass int 60. It is a smooth and warm in the middle amp. At the same time is is very transparent. It tends to get out of the way of the music and you just listen. Bass is very controlled and doubles its power into 4 ohm. It has a tube characteristic, which I happen to like. I am using mine with the ls50 meta’s and the sound together is like nothing I have ever owned. I have never heard any of the other amps that have been mentioned, but I can tell you, you will not be disappointed if you go with the pass. 
dwest1023
I actually own and use the pass int 60. It is a smooth and warm in the middle amp. At the same time is is very transparent. It tends to get out of the way of the music and you just listen. Bass is very controlled and doubles its power into 4 ohm.
Many like the sound of Mosfets, they do tend to be more forgiving, myself I prefer the sound of big Bi-Polar amps, but they are less forgiving of bad material, when done right they can supply more big current into low impedances than mosfets, right down to 1ohm some of them, read this post I just put up in this thread.
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/filter-capacitance-how-does-it-relate-to-amplifier-performanc...

Then look at the tested Stereophile specs of the Int-60 below, it’s actually 79w into 8ohm and 120into 4ohm as you can see even "Pass Labs" under quotes the 8ohm wattage, to make the 4ohm look like it’s doubling!!!!.
"The INT-60 is specified as delivering 60Wpc into 8 ohms, our sample clipped at 79Wpc with both channels driven into that load.
Into 4 ohms the amplifier clipped at 125W"
This should be closer to 160w at 4ohms.

As for the 2ohm figure, complimentary push pull mosfets tend tend to **** themselves into 2ohms, as this Stereophile statement says
"The Pass Labs was less comfortable driving 2 ohms than it was with higher impedances, as shown by fig.7"

Cheers George