Pass labs Aleph 3, upgrade to X150

I have an Aleph 3 power amp fed by a conrad johnson Prem 17 pre, shanling CDT 100/ Origin Live Resolution and Illustrious Sources. My speakers are sensitive 95db Living Voice Avatars.
In theory and in practice, the speakers are amply driven by the 30 watt output of the Aleph 3 in my 20/20 foot listening room. It just so happens that an X150 is on E-bay at the moment and I'm tempted if the price is right.
Have any of you guys compared the Aleph and X series and these amps in particular, if so what can I expect? thanks
In addition, any comments on what "adequate" power amp output means for a given speaker? Many commentators talk of the extra grip and control really big amps give to a given speaker, but at the cost of speed?
david12

Showing 2 responses by david12

Thanks for the advise, I'll stick with the Aleph 3. The X150 on E-bay has gone above what I would be happy to pay anyway. Best wishes
Thanks for the advise and yes I will be going the 300b route in a few years. You may be interested to know Sutts, that the DIY arm of the UK mag HiFi world supplies kits, including a pair of 300b single ended monoblocks putting out 20 watts. They are highly regarded and only cost £900. Unfortunately with the current Xchange rate thats $1700 US (I'm not gloating, honest). My retirement plan is to build a pair and eloctrocute and cover myself in moulten solder to my hearts content. If your interested the site is www.worldaudiodesign.co.uk