Pass 350.5 vs Bryston 14-BSS2 vs Mark Levinson 33(n)

I'm not a proper audiophile, and whatever I buy will probably get less than 500h/year of serious listening, but after three decades as a low-grade apartment-dwelling vagabond, I finally have a home and a budget that allows me to have a "nice" stereo. I'll be pairing the amp with a nice tube preamp (TBD) and some Magnepan 1.7s. The stereo will play in a very big (residential) room with plaster walls and a lot of furniture. I listen to shoegaze and alternative with an occasional foray into Coltrane, while my wife listens to Sarah Vaughn, Dolly Parton, and Creedence. We both listen to Prince (when we have been drinking).

All of the amps in the title seem to please most listeners, and each can be had (with patience) for between four and six thousand dollars. I suppose any of them will be "good enough"-- particularly for me-- and I realize that this all gets highly subjective, but many of you seem to know a lot about these things. 

If you were me, what would you choose? 
Ag insider logo xs@2xp_s
I have owned a couple of Bryston amps (a 4B SST and a 4B3) and did a week-long audition of the Pass 250.8. So here are one person’s reactions.
The Brystons run cool, and the Pass amps run hot -- I mean physically, not in terms of sound. If your listening room can get too hot, be careful about buying a Pass amp. I understand the X.5 amps throw off a little less heat than the X.8 amp I auditioned.

The Bryston 14B SST was my favorite amp ever. I just loved it. I thought it had great bass control, almost unlimited power, and an overall neutral sound, without softening things.

I auditioned the Pass X250.8 much later in my audio life, so I could not really compare the two. I thought the amp was very beautiful. Indeed, I thought it might be more beautiful than reality, in the same way some ECM piano recordings are more beautiful than reality. It was glorious with female vocals -- an audiophile staple -- yet I found it a little too midrange-centric when reproducing an orchestra. One person’s opinion based on one audition.

I don’t know the Levinson at all.
Sounds like you have a fun project ahead. Good luck! Be wary of anyone who tells you that there’s a clear winner in this bunch of amps . . . at this level, a lot of it is a matter of taste.
Bryston  and Pass. Are both top shelf amplifiers.

Personally, I would get a nice big Bryston .
customer service and upgrades, Warranty is stellar.

I honestly think you’re overshooting a bit and something like a 4BSST or so would be fine given your speakers.  But, there’s a McCormack DNA500 at US AudioMart for $3600 that’d be a great end-game amp.  Best of luck. 
Thanks everyone.
 n
Soix, I am certain I am overshooting. Perhaps my lovely wife will come to grips with the 1.7s, remarking offhandedly that she "barely notice(s) them there" and then the 1.7s will find a new home and the 20.7s will take their place.

See? I'm not in the club yet but I already know how all of you guys think. And I approve.
op

based on your description, this one will do just fine, it will sound nice and be trouble free, and is made by an excellent company that stands behind its products

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisab4i7-ps-audio-stellar-s300-solid-state

spend the saved money on something else nice for the new home or wife

congrats on your new abode, and enjoy...
@p_s  You have already read my mind. If you have a ..."very big (residential) room"... I'd suggest spending a bit less on amplification, and more on bigger speakers. If not 20.7's, perhaps 3 series Maggies.
You will need the power eventually, and the dna-500 would be a very nice choice.
as is the Bristol!

Pass X350.5 or X250.8...if you go the PS Audio route mentioned above, get the M700 not the S300, you will still save a few thousand, though both quite inferior to the Pass...
Send a PM to member “Johnto”. He is running a big pass amp (250. Or 350., can’t remember) and preamp, originally with the Magnepan 1.7 and now with the Magnepan 3.? (Their newest 3 series) and really loves the sound.  John has been to my home a few times to hear my systems but I have yet to take him up on going to his home to hear his.  We have similar music tastes. He has been into this for many years and could be a wealth of information. 
If possible I would`nt buy the 1.7`s if you already havn`t I would look for a used pair of 3.7i`s and pair them with the Pass X350.5 and when your ready for the KILLER 20.7`s the X350.5 will be enough power for the 20.7`s until your ready to trade it for a X350.8.  If you have listen to the series 3`s maggies you are not going to be happy with the 1.7`s I`ve been there. In fact I still have my 3.6`s powered by a X350 power amp and the XP30 Preamp my next upgrade 20.7`s X350.8.  Also IMHO I would go with a Pass Preamp used XP22 XP30 the synergy is awesome. Best wishes on your audio journey
I'm running 3.7i with a 250.8 and Pass XP 10 pre plenty of power, never leaves class A at regular listening levels. The sound is ultra smooth and alive with Maggie's.
I haven't heard the 350 series but can't imagine needing that much power unless your room is huge and you want it extra the loud.
Good luck happy listening.