Parasound P6 DAC vs Denafrips Aries ii

I just purchased a Parasound P6 Preamp.  I have been comparing the P6 DAC with my Denafrips Aries ii DAC.  I can't tell the difference.  I have been using my Cambridge CD transport and switching back and forth between outputs with the same CD playing.  Am I missing something?  I am asking because I am considering switching out the Aries ii DAC to another system in another room.  My system is amp Parasound Halo A21+ , KEF LS50 speakers, 2 REL T/7i subs.
aeschwartz
Thanks!  Do you have any suggests how to compare DAC's?  DSD files, Classical symphonies, streaming HD music?
I re-programmed the Denafrips Aries ii to oversampling and slow filter.  I would say it now has the edge over the P6.  
Hello @aeschwartz,

Some tricks for Ares II:

1. Keep it on 24/7 for best sound

2. Use only the RCA or XLR output, but not both at the same time - the output are shared, connecting both output may degrade the SQ depending on the input stage design of the connected devices. 

3. Configuration Guide for NOS/OS: https://www.denafrips.com/single-post/2020/03/12/ARES-II-DAC---Configuration

Cheers,
Alvin Chee
www.vinshineaudio.com
The phase setting changes/invert the output phase, i.e. 0° or 180°. 

It depends on your audio chain. You may try the phase inversion to hear the difference, and stick to one that sound the best.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Alvin Chee
www.vinshineaudio.com