Parasound JC2 pre a good match for Pass X150.5 ?

Hi,

New and very inexperienced here. I was originally going to buy a Parasound A21 amp and Parasound JC2 preamp, bought the JC2 and changed my mind and have an offer on a Pass Labs X150.5 instead - will these match well together? I have 2 sets of speakers - Dali Ikon 7 and Magnepan 1.6 though I am not sure if the X150.5 will be enough to drive the Magnepans.....any info on this.

Many Thanks
thomastrouble

Showing 2 responses by thomastrouble

To Tpreaves - no, unfortunately but read fantastic reviews. Some weeks ago I read in an older issue of TAS where the reviewers were all asked to put together their best system under $5000 - this turned out to be Naim Nait5i, Cambridge Azur 840c (CD player) and Dali Ikon 6 speakers (I bought the 7s). My previous system cost a total of $500 and when I heard this new stuff I was dumbfounded. I am hooked like a drug addict now and want more and stronger drugs. I am still feeling my way a lot and to be honest I might be a little too impatient but I am loving the whole ride - the research, the forum and of course my music along with some nice people along the way.
Anyway, I think I have most of the puzzle put together and I live 200 miles from the nearest city so I have to figure it all out as best I can without the luxury of in-store demos.
Thanks Upgrade. I am not so sure at the minute that the Pass X150.5 will be up to the task of driving the Maggies like I am sure the 250 would, hopefully it will be ok. Should be up and running within a week.