Parasound JC-1 vs. Pass 250.5

Anyone out there own either & can compare these two highly regarded amps (both in the same relative price range)?
denf

Showing 2 responses by rapier21

So...anybody actually heard both these amps in the same system? Both have excellent reviews from users, but the JC-1's are Stereophile Class-A rated, while the Pass amp hasn't been reviewed by anybody that I know of. Stereophile reviewed the XA160, and compared it favorably to the JC-1, adding that "Everything positive I said about that amp I can say about the XA160, perhaps more so". While the X250.5/350.5 is not the XA160, apparently they sound close to it.

Also, does anybody know how many watts of Class-A power the 250.5 and the 350.5 can produce? Or, even better, how many watts single-ended class-a, and how many watts in push-pull class-a?
Unfortunately I have no Pass Labs dealers within 90 miles, and the closest one wouldn't lend me his demo unit for home audition. :(

Hopefully someone out there who has auditioned both of these amps in the same system will see this thread and reply.