Parasound JC-1 Heat Dissipation

I am looking at purchasing a pair of Parasound JC-1 monoblocks based on the excellent feedback both here and other places. After a flurry of upgrades this year, the power amplifier is the next piece of equipment to upgrade. I have made the decision to stick with solid state since I like keeping my system powered up at all times and the Wilson Benesch loudspeakers like lots of power.

My current system:
- TRL Marantz SA-14 SACD player
- Conrad-Johnson 17LS tube preamplifier, Amperex Holland 60s tubes
- Rotel RMB-1095 5X200W multichannel power amplifier
- Wilson Benesch Discovery loudspeakers

My only concern with the JC-1s is the amount of heat generated since they run the first 25/10 watts in Class A mode and consume 250W in idle mode. This is of concern especially during the summer months.

My audio room is sealed, 16.5ft X 12.5ft X 8ft, and is located on the main floor of my house.

Also wondering if I can reduce heat dissipation if I set the bias switch to low (10W Class A) and only switch it to high during listening sessions. If I do this, does it take time to warm up to fully take advantage of 25W potential?

Also if I have a fan blowing on the power amplifiers outside of listening sessions, is this of any use?

Any feedback from others who have a pair of JC-1s in a similar room is appreciated.

Also the match between the JC-1s and the C-J preamplifier which only has unbalanced output.
shuang

Showing 1 response by hiend312cdfe

My plinius Sa250IV runs in class AB and is left on all the time. very cool, It has switchable class A on the panel, boy does cook then, Then your done for the day, switch the class A off switch in standby, and forget about her.