Parasound JC-1 Heat Dissipation

I am looking at purchasing a pair of Parasound JC-1 monoblocks based on the excellent feedback both here and other places. After a flurry of upgrades this year, the power amplifier is the next piece of equipment to upgrade. I have made the decision to stick with solid state since I like keeping my system powered up at all times and the Wilson Benesch loudspeakers like lots of power.

My current system:
- TRL Marantz SA-14 SACD player
- Conrad-Johnson 17LS tube preamplifier, Amperex Holland 60s tubes
- Rotel RMB-1095 5X200W multichannel power amplifier
- Wilson Benesch Discovery loudspeakers

My only concern with the JC-1s is the amount of heat generated since they run the first 25/10 watts in Class A mode and consume 250W in idle mode. This is of concern especially during the summer months.

My audio room is sealed, 16.5ft X 12.5ft X 8ft, and is located on the main floor of my house.

Also wondering if I can reduce heat dissipation if I set the bias switch to low (10W Class A) and only switch it to high during listening sessions. If I do this, does it take time to warm up to fully take advantage of 25W potential?

Also if I have a fan blowing on the power amplifiers outside of listening sessions, is this of any use?

Any feedback from others who have a pair of JC-1s in a similar room is appreciated.

Also the match between the JC-1s and the C-J preamplifier which only has unbalanced output.
shuang

Showing 1 response by bignerd100

IF you are on a crawl-space simply install a separate small AC unit outside with vents coming up under each amp. Master Handbook of Acoustics will give you ideal duct dimensions if you want to get supper anal. Sure it won't be cheap but look at what you already have in gear.