Parasound JC-1 and B&W 803d

Any thoughts on this combination, assuming that I already like the B&W sound.

Thanks.
jmpwme

Showing 2 responses by braro

Since you have not had much luck with responses to this thread I will chime in. I have no experience with B&W 803d. I do own the JC 1s. Based solely on what Ive read about B&W I dont think they would be a good match with JC 1s. To my ear the JC 1s are a little bright. Im using vandersteen 3Asigs and subs. The vandys are not bright yet sometimes things still sound a little out of whack. I gravitate toward a very live sound so I do not like the rolled off flat "hi fi" sound. With B&Ws reputation for being bright I would not put them together but until you have heard the combination in your room with your associated gear you just cant tell for sure. Ive heard the Belles 350A monos paired with similar gear to mine in a different room with Vanersteen 5As. The sound was not quite lively enough for me. All other aspect were very good. Its possible the Belles would be a good choice. Lots of power and in the same price range as the JC 1s. Good luck.
Not at all Brian. I just didnt want to hijack this thread. I have tried many different spk cables from,audioquest, kimber, and alpha core. The alpha core has been the best by far. I have run direct from the Wadia and I get a similar character but less PRAT, smaller and shallower stage. I suppose it could be the Wadia that is the problem. It is about 5 or 6 years old with no updates. When I drop a good 6550 tube amp in things mellow out in a good way. I may switch to something like VTL 450s. The JC 1s are my first upper end solid state amps so I suppose it could be that I just dont prefer the the solid state sound. Dont get me wrong, I think the JC 1s are fantastic amps and I am getting great sound. The best Ive heard on 3Asigs. Its just this audiophilia can really make us obsess over the most infinitesimal shortcomings of our systems. Take it easy Brian.