Parasound A21+ vs Adcom GFA-585se

I want to change my amps from Wyred4sound SX-1000 mono blocks to a good class A/B amp.  I was thinking of the A21+, but i looked at the 585se and the Adcom compares, on paper, to the Parasound JC5.   Both have plenty of power to drive my speakers and cost the same.  Anyone with experience with both?  

edward320
JC 5
Lots of designers round. engineers. JC is one of the few physicists in the system. Not that this means much if it is not used at the most base level and up through to the build, and what it all means to the ear. With Parasound and JC, this is the case.

The good side with the Adcom, is that it was, if the original Adcom pedigree is still there.. likely it was originally designed by Nelson Pass. (EG, the Rotel 10XX a/b type power amplifiers are essentially all the same circuit for the past 30+ years, no matter the chassis or face-plate. Slight evolutions of those original circuits. Eg, as a tech oriented dude..if I wanted a Rotel, I'd buy a 1080 and fix it up)

So we’re left with how much of the pedigree (of the original designers and thinking) remains in either and makes it intelligently to the point of being a finished object... when it comes to delivering the sonic goods. As well as any subtle to gross evolutions within the most modern product examples that buyers may contemplate.

How much each can reveal ’high quality sound’ to you as you go through the motions and time of learning the sonic qualities of a new amplifier circuit via your ears? (you’ll grow but the amplifier will remain the same)

How long can it satisfy you as your hearing skills grow? what pace does it (your hearing skills, etc) grow at, and in which direction..and can you trust the opinions of others ...as we are all different in these things?

The consensus seems to be the JC 5, if everyone, or at least most... are thinking along the same lines of ’being on a learning and enjoyment journey’.

Nothing wrong with the Adcom, it’s just a different branch, a different path up and around the mountain.
First of all where an amplifier is made is not important, manufacturing is portable.  What is important is the design, engineering, testing, and parts specificstion and quality.  
The a21+ is a recently designed and tested amplifier by a legendary amp designer.  
The Adcom looks impressive and has impressive specs but who designed it?  How and where was it engineered and tested?  What is the quality level of the electronic components?  
The a21+ essentially puts out the same power per the stereophile test, stays class A for a useable amount of power and sounds excellent as witnessed by the stereophile class A rating.  
A no brainer for me.  
585se was still the Nelson Pass era afaik. Taiwan is excellent manufacturing. That’s what I’d go with, but I’m biased, my amp and preamp are Pass designs.