Parasound a21 upgrades

Bought a lightly used 2 year old Parasound A21 some days ago. It has exceeded my expectations for sure. Right up my alley warm mids and non aggressive highs but also dynamic and tight with lots of headroom. 
Are there any mods that are reasonable to do to these amps? Fuses etc. Can the bias be safely increased to add more class a watts? 
Also have there been any changes over the years? So is a 2 year old A21 the same as a 15 year old one? 

Thanks
mofojo

Showing 3 responses by avanti1960

what preamp are you using?
a great way to upgrade your amplifier is to upgrade your preamplifier.  
balanced cables could benefit too depending on your preamp.  
re, preamps, especially a tube based preamp.  
power cords did zero for my a21, two made the sound worse.  
a common approach for sure but until you try one you will not understand the impact a preamp with gain stage has on overall sound.  
your amp is not at its full potential until it receives a powerful, dynamic signal which requires gain.  
having had several amps and preamps as well as integrated amps with passive preamps, a quality preamp can literally wake up a sleepy sounding amp.  it is much more than a source switcher.  
even though the a21 is not balanced, it will take advantage of balanced preamps which offer more gain with lower noise.  
this is the best way to take your system to a much higher level even though your direction is a different approach currently.