Parasound A21+ or PS Audio S700 monos?

Since I have some time on my hands, I've been playing with my hifi.  And it's time for a new power amp.
Rest of system is an Exposure 3010S2 CD player feeding a Naim nDAC, an Exposure 3010S2 or Conrad-Johnson PF2L, speakers are Monitor Audio Gold GX300s. 

In looking and reading, it seems like the Parasound A21+ and PS Audio S700 are the leading contenders.  New S700 monos are $1798; a 1 year old A21+ is $2000.  

Thoughts on them?
naimfan
naimfan

when I got my M700s they already had some hours on them, but still took a good 200 hours playing time to relax
Attn. Tweak1—
Re. Parasound A23, if your A23 is running HOT it’s either deficient (a defective part, or circuit improperly repaired or altered), or it is extremely confined and without normal free air circulation. A fully "in spec" A23 won’t ever get more than mildly warm, even when pushed fairly hard into a nominal 4 Ohm load (air circulation normal).

I’ve been an A23 user for the past 4+ years, and have never experienced appreciable heating, nor have the front panel overheat indicators ever illuminated. (What about your overheat LEDs?)

I’m also a longtime "seat-of-the-pants" audio engineer with extensive DIY circuit design, construction, and test experience, and I’ve personally had my own Parasound A23 up on my instrumented test bench to check power output, s/n, input gain, DC offset, tracking, etc. I find that this amp performs exactly as specified, and that it runs at a very normal (not hot) temperature. (A Disclaimer: I can’t check out THD anymore. That parameter is now too far below the residual distortion of my test gear.)

FYI, I’ve also fully reviewed the A23 schematic, and carefully inspected the internal construction. In my opinion, the A23 is truly an excellent power amplifier, with admirable design and execution. I especially like the care apparent in the power supply (lots of Zener stabilized decoupling), and in the DC servo circuit that optimally minimizes DC offset at the output.

In sum, if your own A23 runs hot (but has normal air circulation), I’m certain that something is wrong. I’d suggest contacting Parasound’s Service Dept.
Post removed 
In sum, if your own A21 runs hot (but has normal air circulation), I’m certain that something is wrong. I’d suggest contacting Parasound’s Service Dept.
Told him that way back, he doesn't listen, or has an agenda.

Cheers George